Dry Eye Treatment
Dry Eyes are uncomfortable and if left untreated can cause serious damage. If you suffer from dry eyes, Lininger Eye care is here to help by finding you lasting relief from your symptoms by getting to the root of the problem and creating a treatment plan to suit your situation.
To find out what treatment plan is right for your dry eyes, please speak to Dr. Lininger during your visit.
Causes for Dry Eyes
Dry eye occurs when the eye’s natural lubrication system malfunctions. There are a number of factors that can contribute to dry eyes. Some common causes of dry eye include:
- Age: Although it can occur at any age, it is prevalent in people over 50.
- Environment: Higher altitudes and polluted urban environment increases the chances of dry eye symptoms.
- Lifestyle: Sitting in front of computers or digital devices for a long time
- Medications: Certain medicines including antihistamines, decongestants, blood pressure medications and antidepressants can contribute to dry eye symptoms.
- Medical Conditions: Certain medical conditions contribute to dry eyes.
Preparing for the Exam
Before going to your appointment, please be prepared to tell the doctor of any issues and help information such as: